Tallinn old town
Tallinn main square
The Town Hall Square (Estonian: Raekoja plats) is a city square beside Tallinn Town Hall (Estonian: Raekoda) at the center of Tallinn, Estonia. It is a venue for festivals or concerts like Tallinn Old Town Days (Estonian: Tallinna Vanalinna Päevad), and several bars and restaurants are located in the near vicinity.
Tallinn town hall square at night
Freedom Square in Tallinn by night
Freedom Square (Estonian: Vabaduse väljak) is a plaza on the southern end of the Old Town in Tallinn, Estonia. It is bounded on the east by St. John’s Church (built 1862-67), on the south by Kaarli Boulevard and an underground shopping center (2008–09), and on the west by a Victory Column (2009) commemorating the Estonian War of Independence 1918–1920.
Toompea (from German: Domberg, „Cathedral Hill“) is a limestone hill in the central part of the city of Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. The hill is an oblong tableland, which measures about 400 by 250 meters, has an area of 7 hectares (17 acres) and is about 20–30 meters higher than the surrounding areas. In folklore the hill is known as the tumulus mound over the grave of Kalev, erected in his memory by his grieving wife. The history of Toompea is closely linked to the history of rulers and power in Estonia. Today Toompea is the center of the Government of Estonia and the Riigikogu (parliament), both of which are often simply referred to as Toompea. The location of the Riigikogu is the Toompea Castle, situated in the southwestern corner of the hill and topped by the Tall Hermann tower. The flag on the top of the tower is one of the best-known symbols in Estonia of the government in force.
Tallinn platform next to Stenbock House at the Toompea
Tallinn platform view to old town
Another platform view in Tallinn, Estonia
Tallinn platform at Stenbock House in Toompea at night
Main platform in Toompea by night
Pirita Convent (Estonian: Pirita klooster) was a monastery, for both monks and nuns dedicated to St. Brigitta, in the district of Pirita in Tallinn, Estonia. The idea of founding the monastery dates to merchants of Tallinn of around 1400. In 1407, two monks from the Vadstena Abbey arrived to Tallinn to counsel the merchants.