The Sprinkenhof originated from 1927 to 1943 in three phases. It was built by Hans and Oskar Gerson together with Fritz Hoeger. The Sprinkenhof was then Hamburg’s largest office complex. It includes three courtyards. From 1999 to 2002 was a rebuilding instead of extensive renovation.
In the center of Sprinkenhof building
Sprinkenhof – In the building
Warehouse District („Speicherstadt“)
The Speicherstadt (lit. city of warehouses, meaning warehouse district) in Hamburg, Germany is the largest timber-pile founded warehouse district in the world. It is located in the port of Hamburg—within the HafenCity quarter—and was built from 1883 to 1927. The district was built as a free zone to transfer goods without paying customs. As of 2009 the district and the surrounding area is under redevelopment. The warehouses were built with different support structures, but Andreas Meyer created a Neo-Gothic red-brick outer layer with little towers, alcoves, and glazed terra cotta ornaments. The warehouses are multi-storey buildings with entrances form water and land. One of the oldest warehouses is the Kaispeicher B of the International Maritime Museum. The Speicherstadt is a tourist attraction in Hamburg. There are several museums like the Deutsches Zollmuseum (German Customs Museum), Miniatur Wunderland, a model railway, the Hamburg Dungeon, and the Afghan Museum. The buildings are also used as warehouses. As of 2005, the companies in the Speicherstadt handled one-third of the world’s carpet production, and other goods as cocoa, coffee, tea, spices, maritime equipment, and electronic goods.
Night at the Warehouse District
Hamburg Town Hall
The town hall is a richly decorated Neo-Renaissance building finished in 1897. The tower is 112 metres (367 ft) high. Its façade, 111 m (364 ft) long, depicts the emperors of the Holy Roman Empire, since Hamburg was, as a Free Imperial City, only under the sovereignty of the emperor.